View Single Post
Old 6 May 2012, 21:24 (Ref:3070384)   #2375
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am sorry I have contributed to this discussion because it is on the verge of getting ugly ... in part because of me.

NONE of us like the reliance on BOP, hte politics which warps the actual racing ... even though the politics has always been there (Ferrari canceling the '64 Monza round so race so that the Cobra Daytona wouldn't win the FIA World Championship?)

I agree with Chianna And TF110--it isn't great, and instead of fighting over it, we need to either enjoy what we can or Seriously take action to make changes.

Arguing on 10/10ths doesn't do squat. If someone has a plan to seriously lobby ACO, ALMS, FIA ... petition, open letter needing co-signers ... or if someone knows insiders ... (I don't.)

Since I don't have a plan, i will just watch the races. Irf anyone has a real plan,. please post it here, because i think we would all prefer to see cars raced on mechanical merit, not lobbying support.

In the meantime ... the SRO independent test pilot method seems closest to fair, I guess.