View Single Post
Old 5 Mar 2016, 13:25 (Ref:3620207)   #29
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I believe that criticism of the sport is for the most part largely driven by the media, it's become like a feeding frenzy because they do not have much else to talk about ...
The cars are technologically speaking marvels of engineering .. If fans are not happy about having to pay to watch a sport supposedly they love then they are not true fans in my book, in this country we have been paying to watch F1 on television ever since I can remember .. Our race will be taking place again in Austin and I will be there along with many thousands of others ..
No, a lot of the media frenzy is driven by Mr E, not the press. Mercedes are decidedly unhappy with him, and made their feelings public yesterday. See: http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/me...ms-677580/?s=1

It seems as though nobody else inside F1 is allowed to criticise the health of the "sport" except for him, and he is upsetting more and more people. Totd has told him, publicly, to shut up and now the top man at Mercedes, not the team, are saying that he is damaging F1.