Old 8 Jun 2007, 08:03 (Ref:1931984)   #61
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
In South Australia you need to be 16 to get your motorbike Learner's Permit. I'm over 16, I just haven't got my L's yet. I know pretty much all that I have to know right now it's just a matter of convincing my parents that I can ride a bike safely! It helps that my dad's a Ridersafe instructor too. Ridersafe is the program anyone in NSW or SA wanting to get the bike L's has to go through and pass. I've seen most of the stuff they do, and I've been practicing on some of the bikes there so I don't think I'll have any trouble passing the test.

As for what bike, we have seriously been looking at getting a Suzuki GS500 for me... Not blindingly fast, but not slow, good all round capabilities.
Lucky you have understanding parents. Mine said if i come home with a motor bike i've bought, i should start packing my bags and leaving.

Do you remember what the cost is for the license here? I was thinking about a truck license, which will make me money, but a bike license to waste money seems to have a much better fun factor