Thread: Programmes
View Single Post
Old 17 May 2022, 11:10 (Ref:4110345)   #11
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
The thing that I really don't understand is that it is so much easier, and I would have thought comparability cheaper, to produce programmes nowadays as they are mocked up on computers and then "fed" directly to the printing machines without the need for time consuming type setting, etc. It also means that they can be printed at almost the last moment, rather than days in advance back in the day.
Why not remove the printing machine, and 'feed' the programme direct to an online platform?

There are costs to print a programme, both financial and environmental, which can be removed whilst still giving the spectator a viable product - just in digital form.
This also has the advantage of being able to incorporate changes after the programme is released - updates can be pushed to the platform.

One such example - https://barc.blob.core.windows.net/croft/btcc-clhv4.pdf