View Single Post
Old 23 May 2011, 12:30 (Ref:2884429)   #41
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Close, but:

Also the way Vettel sliced past Massa and Button and someone else on new tyres after that first stop in like 4 corners - that was brilliant. And then holding off a fast McLaren with DRS and having no kers... and lapping about a second a lap faster than Webber once both Red Bulls had clear air... gotta give it to Vettel."

Just about sums up my thoughts....Button had been sat behind Massa apparently unable to pass until Vettel breezed out of the pits and woke him up by demonstrating what commitment was about......to be fair Jenson showed some mettle himself later...
I was watching the speed differences between Vettel and Hamilton at the end of start finish straight during those last laps. When Vettel did not use KERS ,from what the on screen graphic stated anyway, Hamilton had something between a 20 km/h to 25 km/h advantage behind Vettel and still couldn't make any use of it. What impressed me even more was how clever Vettel hold off Hamilton by using the HRT ahead as a moveable chicane for Hamilton when both entered last lap.

Still I am giving it to Nick because he had to make up most of the positions by overtaking and not thanks to some odd pit strategies. Surely the brand new softs helped there big time but it still was his craft that made the best of use of it. Beating his team mate there who even not ended up in points despite starting from 6 added there too