View Single Post
Old 19 Apr 2014, 08:45 (Ref:3394819)   #727
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Another possibility- How about taking top king pin to damper arm bolt out as well, assembling bottom end and then jacking up to re-connect top? Podger works well in there.... (What a great word- definition "Any item used in the pursuance of the act of podgering." )

That's what I did on the first side in the end but I'll give Terry's way a go first as in theory it seems easier.
I've just noticed the feckin wheel bearing is noisy on one side so that'll need doing as well.
Did I mention that in attempting putting it back together last Sunday I forgot to put the hand brake on and as I was trying to lift the spring plate into position the car rolled backwards off the axle stands, went through the garage door and ended up flat on the garage floor.