View Single Post
Old 23 Apr 2014, 12:08 (Ref:3397176)   #39
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Ian are you really expecting 3 Audi's. You saw the two they took to silverstone i doubt they will be at Spa, so will they one have 3 more tubs and 2 will they risk all of those before Le Mans
The more I think about it the more confident I am that we'll see 3 Audis there.

In no particular order
  • They've the option of using their test chassis, of which they have "at least two"
  • We don't know how many additional chassis were in build with Audi prior to Silverstone, I suspect the answer is more than one, and it will depend on what level of completeness it has
  • There's six weeks post Spa which would give them the time to get the Silverstone damaged cars repaired, so I can see them 'risking' additional damage
  • They've got a vested interest in giving Jarvis / Albuquerque / Bonanomi a run before Le Mans
  • Perhaps a little more ephemeral, I always figure you can have one catastrophe over the course of a season and recover, have two and you'll struggle. By not running three at Spa Audi would be ceding some of the initiative to Toyota and Porsche and showing a chink in the armour. I suspect they don't want to do that.

Is any of this conclusive? No it isn't - and the very short gap between the races makes it a very tall order. Had it been anyone other than Audi I suspect I'd be writing them off - but as we've all learned over the years, underestimating Audi is a very dangerous course to take.