View Single Post
Old 27 Jan 2024, 10:28 (Ref:4193515)   #6
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
I've been a member for 42 years and like many others I am thinking of saving the £50 membership fee now there is no racing. The replacement multi marque show at Malvern will just be like any other classic show but in a godforsaken venue.
As a long term organiser and secretary of a successful local motor5 club I have a various times offered ideas and advise but the club is run by a small clique, most of whom don't like racing but want to run the show as it was 40 years ago. The Club has not ben able to file accounts for the past three years but employs four people at Kimber House. Both the staff and Kimber House are a huge cost to the club. The footfall at KH is minimal as there is no parking so meets and "Cars and Coffee" events can't be held there.
I suspect that one make (or model( clubs are on the way out. Classic car clubs that cover all makes on a regional basis are very popular. People has less "wed" to one make. I've ones dozens of MGs an still have two but I bought an MX5 last years and it's my everyday driver in the summer.