View Single Post
Old 24 Apr 2014, 11:40 (Ref:3397671)   #15
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoTWire View Post
Thanks for the excellent replies everyone.

I've not been able to get to as much racing as I'd like over the last few years, mainly smaller club meets at Brands Hatch, think I managed one day of the HSCC Superprix a couple of years back. I don't know what championships are the championships for saloons and/or GTs now days, some of the series I remembered seemed to have merged or disappeared :/ .

Again thank you everyone for your replies. You are, as ever, pretty awesome.
I don't recognise myself in either of those last two adjectives, can't speak for others.....

In UK you need to look at the big HSCC and Masters meetings at BH, both on GP layout. Other larger events at Silverstone include HSCC mid May and MG Live. Think most would agree about problems spectating at the circuit! The Donington Festival beginning of May is also growing in stature, although not sure yet of grid sizes this year.

Spa has at least 3 big historic meetings, Spa Classic mid May (same w/end as HSCC Silverstone) will have high quality grids (if not large) including GpC, then the Summer Classic will have lots of UK Club support. Later on, the 6 hr meeting in September will have have mostly huge and high quality grids. The 6hr race itself has 114 entries this year, including 14 GT40s........

Last year I went to the Nurburgring Oldtimer meeting in August for first time. Races on the Nordshleife and GP circuit, and spectacular displays of cars in the paddock. Worth considering, I will definitely be going back!