View Single Post
Old 16 Jul 2011, 20:30 (Ref:2927505)   #24
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
I'd go along with the Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel ranking really.

I was disappointed with Alonso's lacklustre end to last year, he seemed to lack the fire in the last race, the usual Alonso would surely have had a dive at Petrov.... Overall though when he's on it, noone is equal. I agree with V, had he stayed with Mac then 08 would have been his. Lewis is why purists love F1 drivers, sleeves rolled up, attack every lap even if doesn't always yield a win.

Vettel looks like he is still in the ascendent which is daunting fo the other 2! When he sizes someone up for a pass I always get this feeling that it's a done deal, very precise and no risk taking. Wheras with the other 2 there's always this element of doubt that they will pull it off.

I used to think the same with JPM, when he latched onto the back of a rival they would very swiftly be relegated because the confidence that he had that the car would make it, was superior to almost every other driver on the grid. He knew where he could put the car, and when, in order to make the pass. Then came early 2006 and that seemed to go out the window!

Button has gone so much up in my estimation the last 3 seasons, he such a polished race driver even though he clearly isn't the quickest guy out there. He reads a race very very well.

The Webber of 2010 surely was a threat to the the top 3 guys ad some of his races were stellar, but what's happened this year?

Rosberg isn't a true ace and never will be but a good solid driver. He lacks outright speed and racecraft.

Massa is another one who threatened the current elite in 07/08 but has dipped badly. Is he just a driver who matches the car? Not sure, his pace has gone up again recently and I hope he can push Alonso hard for the rest of this season and maybe even nab an overdue win.

Di Resta has shown clear signs that he could be a force in the long term, perhaps Perez too.