View Single Post
Old 25 Feb 2024, 23:40 (Ref:4198257)   #2
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Healey3000 View Post
Hi all,

I am looking for some history and background to Edgware Racing Stable.

Its my understanding that Bob King, having come back from New Zealand was asked by Bob (Robert) Dewar, to help him with the preparation of some cars. Specifically an Austin Healey Sprite, HCC 600 (which was rallied in the 1961 RAC International Rally) before being converted to Sebring Specification and raced through '62. This laid the foundations for Edgware Racing Stable, which Bob King then transitioned into Racing Preparations Ltd (the foundations themselves of Royale). I know that Bob Dewar also had a Merlyn Mk6 with a 1500 Climax which Bob King raced for him and was sold in late 1962. They then moved to an Elite with a 1500 Climax.

Coventry Climax tuning was obviously Bob Kings real forte (and they bought the complete inventory when the commercials were sold to William Lyons) and he then established Racing Preparations Limited to focus on that, leaving Edgware Racing Stable with Bob Dewar. Under the ERS banner they continued to compete an Elite until about 1965 when my trail goes cold.

I have them based at 44 Glengall Road, Edgware in 1963 - but I think that might have been an address for a retail space rather than the workshop.

Does anyone recall them, the characters involved and the cars?
Have you seen this ?https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...e-racing-cars/
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !