Thread: DSP VS Audi R8
View Single Post
Old 29 Dec 2002, 20:13 (Ref:459690)   #9
BobN
Racer

BobN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dauntless/fritzenhauser,

I think you have mistaken H16 as someone that is Chris. I know Chris very well and I assure you that they are not the same person.

Now, as to your characterization of Dave Kylm's intent, unless you are Dave Kylm or he personally told you, you can't possibly know what he intended by his comments. His comments as they stand were off base and disingenous at a minimum. His car would more closely resemble a Winston Cup car in construction whereas an R8 is closer to a F1 car in construction. Aside from the fact that one is closed cockpit and tube frame and the other is open cockpit and contructed of carbon fiber, there are many other differences between the two. You imply that the R8 would only be 10 miles per hour faster than a DSP, with 660 HP and much superior aero vs. 500 HP and a shape like a brick, where do you get your data to make this comparison?

Before you go attacking folks here (H16 w/120+ posts) with your 2 posts, you should be careful in your use of "us" when you say many of "us" won't take you seriously.

Bob