Thread: Engine Oils
View Single Post
Old 2 Apr 2024, 22:33 (Ref:4203658)   #18
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I didn't realise there was such a thing as W 11, maybe it is time to give up!
My Win 10 device, now just over 3 years old, has been pestering me about updating to Win 11 for most of those three years and especially recently.

Now it even pesters me to get all the other Microsoft products - for a subscription fee of course. But that would be for a "Home" account - I already have a Business Account subscription for MS Office. It seems not to know.

Or, more likely, it knows but MS are hoping that people will buy both anyway and not realise what they have done.

They seem to have made the 10 to 11 upgrade free again.

Somewhere I saw an article that suggested there were still as many PCs running 10 as there are running 11. Which is interesting.

Apple would never put up with that. They would make sure the majority updated their OS (and therefore all of their Applications) and force the users to update frequently before making the hardware obsolete for new upgrades so one has to buy a new "box" to play with.