View Single Post
Old 4 Jul 2012, 00:56 (Ref:3101617)   #688
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnageWRC View Post
Regarding drivers, we all assume that Dumas & Bernhard in. So who will be the others? Any of their current roster of drivers? Lieb? What about Rockenfeller , or will they be scoring the F1 or SuperGT paddocks?
I'm thinking their hiring strategy will be similar to Audi's in recent years.
That is, if there's any external hiring that occurs, they'll take proven talents from other programmes, rather than F1 refugees - where the option is available.

Pagenaud, Franchitti, Maassen, Collard, and Pla all pretty decent options.
They could certainly do much worse than Graf/Luhr, also. Pickett's voiced interest in running a Porsche in P1 - perhaps this will be considered by the factory.

Having Webber or Heidfeld involved couldn't really be considered a weakness, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
Patrick Long has to have a look if Penske is involved.
I'd tend to think Long would have a look in, regardless. N/A's a big market for Porsche - he's American.
As far as pace is concerned, he's as quick as any of the alternatives, and deserves consideration on that basis alone.

Last edited by R4z3rw33n; 4 Jul 2012 at 01:03.