View Single Post
Old 4 Feb 2012, 15:37 (Ref:3021506)   #2552
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yes. They lost to Peugeot once. That's ONE time. You make your own luck. You can go as fast as you like but if you don't win it means zip. I've never been the greatest Audi fan, but even I don't try and big up what was ultimately a disastrous failure on home soil for Peugeot. One win? Yep, that sounds like domination to me.
You do? How did Audi made the Peugeot's fail?

Sorry but this is nonsense, if you don't have the speed of your opponent at all and only win because they fail it's luck. Yes, reliability is a big part of endurance racing but relying on it means you don't have any control over the race...which Audi didn't have at all... they needed Peugeot to fail to win - That's luck if you ask me.

I have a feeling we wouldn't even be discussing this if another manufacturer was involved. Nobody questions that BMW winning the 2010 Nürburgring or Mazda winning in 1991 was largely luck but because Audi is involved it somehow had to be their strategy and a great plan. Nonsense, Peugeot didn't have any engine problems ever before so the whole idea that Audi was expecting them to have these problems is ridiculous.

They did their part in making the car reliable, yes. But that doesn't change the fact that this win fell into their lap.