View Single Post
Old 4 Feb 2012, 21:20 (Ref:3021628)   #2563
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
A win is a win.

4 wins are 4 wins.

Whether wins fell into laps is completely immaterial. You can't quote 'the history books' and then pick and choose your stats.

As I say, Peugeot would have traded wins probably on a ratio of 5:1 or more for another Le Mans. The history books will show a 20% success rate, that's about an F grade to me.

Nonsense? Not to me - clear as day to me.
And I'm willing to bet Peugeot would have traded their 2010 Sebring win, 2009/2010/2011 Petit Le Mans wins, as well as countless ILMC/LMS victories and championships for just one or two more Le Mans wins.

But, at the end of the day, the 908 program was incredible when you consider how fast the car was from day 1 and how they evolved a similar design over 5 years and were the fastest nearly everywhere they showed up despite the "latest and greatest" from the Audi camp. It's just a damn shame about 2008 and 2010 Le Mans. But at least they managed to squeeze in a win in 2009 in dominating fashion. At least Peugeot fans don't have to deal with the same level of frustration other Pescarolo fans and I still have to deal with over the 2005 race.