View Single Post
Old 22 Nov 2023, 19:45 (Ref:4186926)   #748
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I only asked, as it's an absolute no-no here in the UK; just holding a mobile in your hand makes you immediately liable to a £100 fine plus 6 points on your licence.

It's something that the police are really cracking down on, and it is even enforceable if you are stopped at traffic lights; in theory, I believe, you also have to turn off the engine if you stop at the side of the road to hold the phone. And police forces up and down the country are now using truck units to patrol especially on motorways because they can see into other truck cabs as well as look down into cars.
No, I broke my own rules which is why I rarely participate in the spotting thread. Most people I see are watching videos even though you aren't allowed to use your phones here either. I don't want laws to be enforced in a draconian manner, so I just wish people had more common sense. Half of the population has a double digit IQ and think physics is a form of exercise, so I don't see that happening.