View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 2014, 09:16 (Ref:3388205)   #8
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
iam hoping that if it is the R1 it might just surprise people
Like you I'd be delighted if it showed up and astonished, and being an optimist I like to think at some stage this year it will make people sit up and take note.

That said, given the car will barely have time to be shaken down I think we need to be realistic. If nothing else 2011 and 2012 particularly showed us that cars take time to bed in and unexpected issues will always crop up, which can only be nailed by testing, and proper well sequenced development.

If we could poly-hierarchically post this in the Rebellion thread, I'd see them getting a respectable result at Silverstone with the Lolas, a niggly run at Spa, a promising but still a bit troubled outing at Le Mans, and then come the back half of the season getting a decent result or two when the cards fall right for them.