View Single Post
Old 23 Aug 2011, 22:29 (Ref:2944852)   #67
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
While not wanting to fan the flames despite my reputation, contractors are like rats on a sinking ship, they are always the first to flee at the first sign of water.

There may be something to this or not but I when I see the first mate or captain looking to jump ship I'll pay more attention.
While the statement above holds some truth, as a PM for a large commercial contractor myself, I'm not sure I like being compared to a rat. FWIW, large commercial is a different world from the guys that put a roof on your house. Austin Commercial is a respected mid-sized contractor. No one, however, finances a project for the Owner. They may have the payments worked out but that is out of the norm for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
just throwing it out there but im guessing its seriously hot in Austin these days so are work stoppages in the extreme heat a common thing in Texas?
No. Typically, only rain will stop work and Texas hasn't seen any of that in a minute.

Let's hope they get this worked out and we get to see F1 next year (and the V8s the following!)!