View Single Post
Old 28 Oct 2013, 17:44 (Ref:3324338)   #21
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post

I thought you were a big DTM fan.
Yes, I'm still a DTM (and DRM) fan. But that nonsense with technical regulations makes this series really boring and useless from my point of view. I really like technical progress and open regulations, so new DTM is a tiny shadow of the past. I know, lots of people hated Audi R12, but for me it was a really masterpiece of design with its air-through idea.
Maybe, team (or I would say, makes) orders is nothing new for DTM as it was very popular since 1988. So, we can call it a tradition. Without that tradition DTM could be a way better than F1, even using a spec chassis. Or better saying, thanks to using a spec chassis. I mean, drivers are really strong here. And they have almost identical cars today. If there's no team orders, we'll get a real European Drivers championship.
But we have spec cars and team orders, so there's no real DTM for me. If we hadn't one of that items, it would still be DTM. If we had neither of that items, it would be DRM.