View Single Post
Old 3 Feb 2012, 14:49 (Ref:3021051)   #83
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
And there have been no photos of the new LMP2's with fins and holes. I'm not saying they will look good, but they haven't been seen in person.
Well, we did see the Pecom & L5 Lolas last year with the BHF. IMO, it was pretty bad looking. Those old plow-nosed Lolas were not designed for the fins. The sketches of the Orecas and Zyteks look even worse. Maybe they won't turn out to be so bad in the flesh, but I doubt it. I think the sketches we've seen are pretty accurate as far as sketches go. Stuff like the BHHs only make matters worse.

Quote:
No matter what we think of the looks, the LMP2's are attracting entrants. 9 in WEC, plus how many in ALMS and ELMS?
Sure, but what does that offer the spectator? Frankly, I have little use for a very politicized class (and that's before BoP) from a technical standpoint that is Pro-Am and uses aging chassis that are becoming more and more ugly. The cost-capped nature and performance guaranteed nature of P2 cars (well, the politically favored at least) makes P2 an attractive option for gentleman team owners, rent-a-rider team owners, and related groups, but so does LMPC. At least LMPC does not have political problems. It's not like TV is going to show WEC P2s anyway.