View Single Post
Old 3 Feb 2012, 17:41 (Ref:3021128)   #88
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When you watch LMP's with the BHF in person you barely notice them after a couple of laps, except on the Audi. The new DP's do look much better but they still look big and slow. I think the vast majority of us at Daytona were interested in the GT battle, no one was talking about the DP's. At Sebring there will be plenty of excitement for the LMP's. Thankfully there are multiple quality P2 options for customers to purchase. I don't mind gentlemen drivers in P2 if they are allowing a substantial grid of quality cars in the WEC and at Le Mans. AGD, livery can make or break the look of a car as well IMO. Technologically speaking, tube frame car are of no interest to me, I try to like them in Grand Am but I just can't. I find myself cheering for Audi, Porsche, and Ferrari. That is where we spend all our time on the paddock too, looking at aspirational cars we can drive on the road. LMP's are interesting because they are pushing the envelope of technology.