Thread: Tech Issue The Sound Of The V6 Turbo PU..
View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2014, 18:00 (Ref:3381149)   #12
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought they sounded like a motorbike and when someone mentioned Ducati I had my lightbulb moment. That's it! Anyway, they are racing cars, intended to race, and the sound they make is entirely secondary. It's good that they are less likely to cause hearing damage to team personnel, marshals and spectators and they are a bit less offensive to Joe Public living within earshot of the track.

There seems to have been little mention of revs, so far. Somewhere I saw it said that they are actually using a lot less than the legal max revs of 15,000. However the television last weekend didn't show any revs/gear/g-force graphics so I'm left in the dark. From the sound, I would guess they were revving a lot less than 15k. I also liked being able to hear other sounds, especially the tyres which is a bit more informative than just a continuous banshee scream.

Last edited by TrapezeArtist; 17 Mar 2014 at 18:01. Reason: Echo went away