View Single Post
Old 23 May 2001, 23:25 (Ref:95756)   #3
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My favourite is the one I take every day. It's very exciting to drive. It's located in the mountains so it's full of up's and down's, fast corners slow corners, variable radius corners and the scenery is very nice. Also it's 2 lanes in one direction and no traffic lights or stop signs so you go very fast. Heavy traffic is prohibited so there aren't any trucks or such. It also demands a lot from the driver, especially if you're going fast. Some descents are very steep and if you don't use the gearbox you'll melt the brakes and you could be in for a nasty surprise. In most of the corners your tyres will screech (is that how you write it) and if you're shoks are in bad shape you can easily lose the back of the car (that almost happened to me once). Also, a lot of corners have the banking on "the wrong angle".

However it's also one of the most dangerous roads in the city. Everybody drives very fast there, well above the speed limit. I've seen quite a lot of hard wrecks there. However driving slowly could be even more dangerous as you could find yourself in the middle of 2 cars that could be doing twice your speed. A lot of people avoid it because of that. But it's very exciting to drive. However, if your a a passenger you'll be holding your breath most of the journey and if your scared enough you'll ask the driver to slow down for christ's sake!! (I've been told this a couple of times, once by a fellow board member ).