View Single Post
Old 30 Apr 2012, 12:49 (Ref:3067439)   #16
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtype38 View Post
That's interesting Bella. Guess it's not such an original idea... although mine's an open car so whatever I use will probably have to be mounted externally, which may make dealing with the light a little easier. The shot below could even be done when lining up for the starting grid, which might be more stable. Problem with my little Olympus is it doesn't have a remote shutter.

Alternatively something with manual light and focus control might work better. Then it could be set up for specific shots before going on track.
manual settings are ok, but you'd literally need to go to the exact point you'd want to take the photo, where the sun is at the same angle and there are the same number of clouds to get the right light meter readings and set it up accordingly. aperture and shutter priority modes would go some way to compensating for that but where you specify the aperture you'd run the risk of there not being an appropriate shutter speed to give the right amount of blur. and where you specify the shutter speed you may end up with the wrong bit in focus.

compacts are a bit hit and miss anyway - for some types of photo (the slow shutter speed timer shots for example) my old sony was much better. but for others, an iphone is better, and for even more, the canon i currently use is absolutely brilliant. it's really very difficult to pick one that has the compramises in the right place for the type of photos you want it to take.