View Single Post
Old 13 Nov 2006, 14:27 (Ref:1765015)   #17
Kebab
Racer

Kebab has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Anyone that has a good opinion of Kerr appears to get slated/flamed immediately - e.g Nev being accused of being Robbie! Why don't fans of Manning & Jarvis get the same treatment? I also received a lot of stick for complaining about Arden (who got fired).

The fact is, even Surtees has now called Jarvis' race as 'sensible' and 'mature' ... he didn't have great pace, he just kept the fortunate advantage given to him by the timing of his pit and the safety cars. In a normal race he wouldn't have been up there. In the warm-up session he was nowhere (neither were Ned & Italy so what does that say about the pit stops being the deciding factor!?).

Canada's pace was very impressive - again a rookie with only 1 race more A1 experience than Jarvis and the team sharing data with GBR.

I think Canada should be the yardstick for how to judge the GBR drivers as we know other teams have certain advantages/disadvantages.

Personally I think Jarvis and Kerr would make a great team going forward. Put Jarvis in on the new tracks so he can use the Rookie session to good effect. Robbie in for the rest.

For sure we should be giving Canada a run for their money!