View Single Post
Old 25 Oct 2005, 20:48 (Ref:1443352)   #5
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
From memory a 60 thou overbore, I am sure you would not be allowed to run with the 302 crank (Stacy will chip in I hope) because they were never made in that configuration, I know it seems a bit unfair but I guess thats the way it is, you pick yer car and all that. I mean if I turned up with a 400ci in my Chevy which is exactly the same external dimensions that also would not be fair if you know what I mean.

Personally if I was you I would leave that engine intact the way it is and try to sell it to a kitcar man (great for a Cobra) or a specials builder and do another motor from scratch and use the money from the sale to help fund it. I have a simliar issue with my other car which is an 87 IROC Camaro. Now these 3rd gen cars (not the IROC version) first appeared in 82 and would be elligible for the pre 83 but unfortunately they were never fitted with a 5.7 till 86 so I would have to run it with a 305 which is not as tunable as a 350 having a smaller bore size. Again the 305 and 350 are dimensionally (externally) identical but that is the way it is.