View Single Post
Old 11 Feb 2008, 07:23 (Ref:2126243)   #296
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
I'd be happy with that (and a real one, not the lighter green of the works Astons now), but I'm not sure it's a foregone conclusion. It depends strongly on where the financial backing is coming from, and from how far Aston/Prodrive want to distance themselves from this project to hedge their bets.

After all, the works GT1 cars are no longer green, after a GIO cash infusion. So we shall see whether the Charouz backers from last year impose a similar direction on this P1.
The lighter green on the works Astons is a real BRG- just Aston Martin's version of it... A-M's interpretation of BRG was generally a much lighter shade than Jaguar's back in the 50's
http://www.classicrallies.com/img/pictures/5357_mid.jpg
If it's going to be BRG, I'd rather see it in a proper Aston green- though if Gulf were to expand the GT1 deal to cover this as well I wouldn't complain too much....

As you said, I guess it will depend on how overt Prodrive and Aston want their involvement to look at this stage, and where the sponsorship's coming from- whether the white of last year's car was dictated by the sponsors, or simply a neutral base colour chosen by the team to apply the various logos to...