View Single Post
Old 20 Oct 2013, 16:20 (Ref:3320576)   #238
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythoughtsareracing View Post
This schedule sucks for a number of reasons.

The compactness will make people forget about IndyCar. Unless Mark Miles announces his International Series soon, teams are going to have some very difficult human resource decisions to make.
Never mind that race fans will completely forget about IndyCar between August and March.

The compact schedule is going to be hell on the teams, although the schedule has been modified to make the travel requirements a little more workable. It's still a grind for them.
I think it's gruesome and smacks of desperation rather than a growing sport.

For one thing a lot of these teams are on a financial edge. Cars in these series get smacked up all the time and I think it will be tough to keep going in such a hard slog weekend to weekend.

I guess they have designs on being a barnstorming international series in the winter, like A1GP and Super League. Both of those series had mixed success with such a business plan.