View Single Post
Old 13 Dec 2013, 21:19 (Ref:3343837)   #3157
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
a bit off topic but I think he is the last driver they need.......he will probably demoralize the team by publically saying to the press and TV crews (like he did for the past 3 years) that the team needs to build a faster car for him to get podiums......imagine if you were an engineer working 70 hour weeks in the force india factory and you hear your driver say that......really, I'm glad to see the back of him.....really I think he had a high opinion of himself, yes he is good, but in F1 you need to be brilliant, and he was only good......... I think he will now join the list of has-been F1 drivers, could perhaps be the next McNish if he changes his attitude.
I agree with some of what you said, namely that Di Resta can be a bit negative, although regarding his time at Force India I think a lot of his negativeity was largely justified. Force India all too often seemed to stop developing the car mid season and that can only be frustrating for a young driver. As for only being a good level of F1 driver, I wouldn't agree with that, he is a ex DTM Champion and some of the results he achieved in F1 in a sub standard car are pretty remarkable, the only reason he isn't in a Sauber or Lotus for 2014 is due to lack of funding rather than lack of pace, maybe he isnt a Alonso or Vettel, but he is certainly up there with the likes of Rosberg and Grosjean etc.

Anyway, I think i've dragged this thread off topic enough now, sorry guys!