View Single Post
Old 18 Oct 2005, 17:49 (Ref:1437159)   #5
scorch
Racer

England
scorch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK as i am being held up as a bad marshall i though i better have my say...

1st, i would not trust an observer to tell me when to cross the track or not as far as i could throw him/her. it's MY decision when and where i do stuff not his... as they always preach My safety first and i refuse to put in the hands of somone 50m away. i have had observers trying to indicate to me to go fetch stuff of the circuit and i did not feel safe and refused point blank, infact on that case i do believe i had a stand up row with him over it.

2nd, there has to be a reason to do it. so you are telling me if a driver was screaming trapped in a burning car, you would stand there going no no i must not cross the circuit.

3rd i said visibility is the key, if there is suficient time to cross then i don't see a problem, for example crossing over the bottom of hangor straight at silverstone, even with F1 you have plenty of visibility and time to cross and do what needs to be done.

4th, who ever said anything about coming back. whenever i have crossed the circuit it's a once only event, cross over and stay there.

5th i have seen people cross over the circuit for piddling little peices of debris, WHY? so what if a car hits it.

6th, i'm sure people can come out with examples of people that have been caught out crossing the circuit, i bet i can name more cases where people have been hit or had close calls when working on 'their own' side of the circuit.

Thats all i can think of now... the red mist is stopping me from posting more...