View Single Post
Old 27 Apr 2010, 12:20 (Ref:2680486)   #3
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Putting it into perspective yes it is expensive no doubt about that but so is smoking, drinking every night, going on exotic foreign holidays several times a year, playing golf, sailing and a myriad of other things one can spend ones money on.

I do none of the above and attend just 8 or 9 race meetings year and if you work out that some people will spend over a £100 a week just killing themselves smoking I bet I spend less than that or not much more anyhow. What I am tryingto say is even on modest to average wages is can be done if you are prepared to make sacrifices in other areas for example I run about in my tow vehicle, a T reg Chevrolet Blazer but I could have a much fancier road car if I didnt race and need a tow vehicle.

BTW CTCRC's Pre-93 is a good series with tightly policed rules which can work out a lot cheaper and better fun to race in than something like TinTops a much more freer series because if guys are allowed to spend big bucks trust me they will. There is an Astra on the site for sale at the moment for £2500 I believe and all ready to go and its reasonably competitive as well as the regs do not allow out of control spending, the control tyres are reasonable and a Jap like a Civic can also be very competitive with near standard engines.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 27 Apr 2010 at 12:31.