View Single Post
Old 22 Apr 2011, 18:38 (Ref:2868283)   #1288
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
It's a bit ridiculous, why would Audi even bother to paint their cars for 1 private test, and then change the livery again, a bit later.

I don't believe it.
I actually don't see many changes in that policy from previous years. Audi has always tested their cars with sponsor logos on them, and at the Monza private test in '10, one R15 was fully painted, and the other switched from bare carbon to being painted aside from the nose at one stage.

Unless Audi has more decals to add (which I do think has replaced paint on most of the graphics that LMPs use--F1 and NASCAR stock cars feature decal based graphics over either a base color or are all decal), we might see the #1's color scheme flip-flopped to conform with the #2 and #3, and maybe something else, as I do think that the color scheme is a bit incomplete.