View Single Post
Old 9 Dec 2004, 21:53 (Ref:1175673)   #21
mr_atspeed
Rookie

England
essex
mr_atspeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh dear...here I go again!!!! AS my son has said, why dont the BRDA stabalise the formulas they have, try to keep the drivers they have (and dont ignore them in the paddock), look and hear whats said, take all the info onboard, then make good decisions on ALL the info made available to them.
As has been mentioned, sooner or later we will have to go over to 16valve, but for the moment, lets keep the thing as it is.
There has been talk of more varities of cars to use, but, in all multi formula series, there is always a dominant car, pug 205 in rallycross, Suzuki swift in the old Falken tyres series, golf in others, cossies in the touring cars years ago, minis in rallycross in formula D, then fiestas.
there is also cost. Has anyone priced the cost of sixteen valves, a Williams clio we did (Ians favourite car to work on), the average rrp for each valve was i think about 15 pound!!! now multiply by 16.
Dont alter things yet..be patient..a couple of years on, we could change..but now, with the way things are, circuits...new people running things...lack of entries..we need to stabalise things..get the drivers back...get the fun back, like wildtracks, not the best circuit, but win or lose, we all had fun.
The other thing we need to do, is get the word supercar away from the bloke who had written in motorsport news, and give a good writeup on dave ward's brilliant drive against the supercar, a joy to watch...shame the super car bashed dave off line to get past!!
This might get drivers looking, good drivers go where the competition is, if they read that Mr.***** is racing rallycross, then they have a look, like it and turn up with a car and race against him, then they bring others in, and so it goes on..and on..
Your turn with the soapbox Mr g.