View Single Post
Old 20 Aug 2011, 21:59 (Ref:2943486)   #8
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice example dyewat and I agree with your comments.

The unofficial video I experimented with (which in age looks to be about the same as your example judging by the vehicles) often seemed to present more than one hazard and it was not always obvious which was the one they were looking for.

I recall one scenario which involved a turn onto a failry open country road and after a few seconds across a coupld of curves one could see sheep roaming. No surprise - the video clips were filmed in Wales! Swansea as I recall - what a coincidence!

Anyway I discovered I was socring zero on that one and could not work out why. Obvious possible hazard that could be seen well in advance. And that was the problem. Clicking too early meant you got no score at all.

I repeated that one many times and clicked at different points and finally realised that the assessment point in use (remember - these were not the official videos but something attempting to replicate how the whole thing might come across) was a lot later than I would have expected. As I recall the proximity of a flock of sheep was not an issue and not was one of the sheep movingonm to the road seemingly the hazard sought for marking. However when the sheep stayed on the road and the car was close enough to need to brake - THEN was the point the marks count down started.

Now the problem is that they also mark you down if you click too often so you can't just click constantly and expect to get away with it. So if you are just a tad early - too observant - for the 5 mark score the chances are you will not click again until the 3 or even 2 mark score point.

Being observant and drunk might just slow responses enough to get top marks - as my Traffic Policeman correspondent's partner's result (see previous post) seemed to suggest.

Not that I am suggesting it's a good idea but I presume that there is nothing to stop you doing the HP test when under the influence ...?