View Single Post
Old 5 Feb 2020, 22:03 (Ref:3956005)   #29
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
It would be lunacy to adopt a wait and see, the virus is still on the spread, and so really there is no point holding off.
I was looking at new infection rates in China earlier. It seems that it is not as high as earlier, but seems to be a roughly consistent 20% increase over the past handful of days. Sadly, it seems it will not stop anytime soon. And if they are locking things down (travel), I can't see them opening it up until things have truly reversed.

If there is no decision that comes out from today, I suspect it was lack of information within F1 as to impacts of making a decision. Such as... can we wait X days and the cost of not doing it will be roughly the same? Which I understand that logic if it goes that way. No doubt a committee will be formed!

But as I (and you) say above, the key driver is that things are getting worse and even if it was to magically slow, it will likely be weeks (if not longer) for any thawing of travel lock downs. Which means, it "should" be an easy decision to say "It is cancelled".

Richard