View Single Post
Old 12 Apr 2012, 04:33 (Ref:3057596)   #1508
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Moving a discussion re independent board from the ruapuna thread to this as it seems a better place for it

I know a few of the board members and they are good people I just don't think they are the right people to run the sport if they compete in it, I think most of them would be great to run it and have good ideas and people like Gary Pederson are very honest just when problems like the tech issue from the weekend come up its not a good look when they are on the board. Now I know Gary would never ask or expect a favor from the tech guy but when it happens to someone else they will point to the time Gary's team got away with it.

The people are the investors they yes got the thing up and running, they deserve any return that may come to them as they stumped up in the first place but that doesn't mean they need to be on the board.

My local league club isn't run by the players it's run by a committee where we have one player on the board.

If you want to grow the sport you need to set it up correctly there would be many people with a large interest in the sport willing to help supertourers that have a lot of business experience that don't own a car in the series look at the directors and the ones added after 16 September 2010, you have J mac also a shareholder also a team owner, Chris Abbott also a shareholder no team ownership that I know of, and Wayne Mclaughlin not a share holder but a team owner that to me is not adding independents. We have had some good people in motorsport that could help the ST class grow.