View Single Post
Old 25 Sep 2007, 16:12 (Ref:2022754)   #1
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Speed-limit limiters, would you have one?

As any form of speeding is now being demonised big time and will probably soon be a capital offence would you consider having a limiter fitted to your car that would limit your speed to whatever the roads limit is?

The actual programming would be fairly simple, just a sat nav type device with all the speed limits pre-installed linked to a limiter on the throttle system is all that would be required. The biggest problem I could see is retro fitting them to just about any car that doesn't have some form of cruise control fitted.

So given the choice would you have one especially if there was some other form of incentive to make it more palletable?
I know it's rolling over and taking it up the rear end but I think I would seriously consider having such a system fitted.