View Single Post
Old 9 Jun 2011, 21:22 (Ref:2894712)   #63
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
the assumption by most was it, the 918, was aimed at the 56th garage that was announced about the same time as the car was breaking cover. Granted, making any sort of assumption when it comes to racing (or anything else), is a fraught exercise, but it does seem reasonable that Porsche knows the ACO, and the ACO knows Porsche. Of course, the Hope Flybrid is breaking that sort of ground this year at LeMans, so that does open up the 56th garage for something else I guess…..
The 918 would have fit into the race by being on-pace and not handicapping or disrupting others in the field. I am NO expert, but I am having a problem believing that the delta can do that.
Granted, the people listed as involved in the delta certainly have the credentials to field the car and certainly they must, guess, know something. Having found some info on the Green GT, I really would have liked to have seen that, and I will do some more searching to find info on the Courage.

Last edited by skycafe; 9 Jun 2011 at 21:23. Reason: modicum of clarity