Thread: F1 2012 style.
View Single Post
Old 9 Jun 2012, 20:16 (Ref:3088197)   #23
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post

Only if you can absolutely guarantee that all the cars are identical can you call the racing anywhere near "pure", because then it is solely down to the driver - and only then if there are no other factors such as the weather changing.
Racing being down to just the driver is not the concern though, because F1 has always been about the car too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
Shall we just change our names to 'Born Racer/ECW Dan Selby'? Might be easier...

Selborn Racer
If one of us is offline, the other could log in and post on his behalf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
That's why the space of the discussion around the poll, the idea is there, you just have to explain what do you really like. Or would you prefer just follow what someone else said... and in my opinion "real racing" is pretty well self explained.
Polls are usually "flawed" as someone might come almost always with a different alternative or option.
Anyway, the 4th option for you, sums up what you think of the "F1 2012 style", so no worries.
I auppose it follows less what someone else said if you pick the 5th option in that it's less specific, but I was mainly making the point that for me the 'real racing' argument is too complicated to untangle. In my opinion it's not self-explained, unless it means 'without the current tyre situation'.

Getting away from the poll options specifically, my feeling is that the complaints from some quarters about the emphasis on tyres is missing the point that this is just a new big factor in car design and that at some point this season, teams will understand much better what's going on and things will stabilise a bit. The races will then be less exciting and people can go back to compaining about that.

Last edited by Born Racer; 9 Jun 2012 at 20:24.