Thread: F1 2012 style.
View Single Post
Old 10 Jun 2012, 02:03 (Ref:3088294)   #25
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Real racing no matter what happens, with any of the options above.
I went with this. No matter what happens, if it isn't authentic I'm not interested, no matter what the results. Too many series try hokey artificial bullcrap to liven things up for fans with ADD, and I hate it.

"Oh no, the crowd is falling asleep and the viewers at home are probably in the other room playing Xbox. Better throw a 'competition caution'!"

"That guy keeps doing well. Better dump a bunch of 'success ballast' into his car so that the guys behind him have a chance. How dare he be that good, anyway.... So-so drivers are where it's at."

"Let's have a reverse grid. Put slower guys up front and faster guys in back so that they have to pass someone. It's going to happen, but the fans are too dumb to realize that it was basically an arbitrary pass, so who cares?"

If Car A got slowed by a punch of "success ballast" and then Car B beats him, it isn't really so much that Driver B beat Driver A so much as the success ballast beat Driver A. If you hitch a wagon filled with bricks to the back of the top driver's car, my grandmother can finish ahead of him, but that doesn't mean she beat him. The bricks beat him.

Blah, blah. Anyway, I suppose you get the point. Fake racing is fake, no matter how entertaining it might be for casual fans.