View Single Post
Old 23 Jul 2006, 22:53 (Ref:1663003)   #10
Anuauto
Racer

Anuauto has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I have very few contemporary sources to refer to but from what I do have:
The 85 RAC Rally preview referred to "development work at TWR seeing a revitalised (rally) car for 85". IIRC all the rally cars were built by TWR (and Walkinshaw even drove one himself on one event - in Belgium?). The previous achilles heel of the rally cars had been the axle. Whether axle problems had been resolved by the 84 RAC was never proven as Pond crashed on the first stage (car entered by Unipart)!
Another Vitesse entry on the 84 RAC is Ron Sinclair (no works connection?)and I believe Mike Biss used another private one.
Russell Gooding's car in the few 85 photos I can trace carried A480WOE (continental events and the RAC) in Servis livery. Not sure whether this car was loaned or sold to him.
Mike Stuart's 85 car is refered to as being an "ex-rallysprint Vitesse acquired for 85". B565AOX on the 85 Manx carries his name but Ponds name on what appears to be the 85 Scottish. If Stuart'scar was not full works-run in 85, he was presumably in a full works car by the 85 RAC when Pond moved into the 6R4.
Pond 84 Manx car carries B564AOX and that reg no appears on the Smith/Ewing private entry on the 86 RAC.
Also on the 86 RAC, the Appleby car carries C600AHW (no idea whether this is ex-works or re-registered ex-works car).
The only other 85 RAC Rally Vitesse entry is Chris Tilley, carrying DRR300T (presumably no ex-works connection).
On 87 RAC, Vitesse entries are Gordon Smith and Nick Edmond.

Last edited by Anuauto; 23 Jul 2006 at 22:57.