View Single Post
Old 21 Apr 2016, 05:14 (Ref:3635309)   #6937
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
to me porsche at silverstone didn't use the 2015 HD package; that one was much more extreme than the car seen at silverstone last week. I guess that porsche used some kind of "loaded" 2015 silvestone-spa bodywork... some kind of "medium" downforce.
The low drag car will be used at le mans, unlikely at spa; while from nurburgring, like last year, will be introduced the real 2016 HD package.

More interesting would be porsche moves for next year... there will be another updated for the actual 919 platform or a whole new car?
Porsche themselves said that they used a slightly modified version of their 2015 High DF package. I also recall reading somewhere that it would most likely be used only for Silverstone.
The 2017 car will be another evolution of the current car. Quite frankly, I don't see that they have much more room to "evolve" , so I expect that 2017 will be a "position holder" whilst concentrating on the 2018 car development.