View Single Post
Old 8 Oct 2003, 13:07 (Ref:744068)   #9
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello, Boom Boom,

Yes, usually the field is complete - and all entries are taken well before the race.

Some friends of mine (or their children - hell, I am getting old) have raced there, but... I haven't. I have though the track and watched races there. It is a nice, wall maintained track - one of the best kart circuits I have been to anywhere.

Granja Viana is an upscale neighbourhood on the outskirts of the Greater São Paulo. Going there is an interesting, educational trip across the shocking social contrasts that make Brazil be what it is.

On the journey from São Paulo to Granja Viana one crosses shantytowns of Africa-like poverty - and then, a few minutes later, passes houses with a market value of several million dollars.

(one of the ways of getting there includes taking a drive through a street called Henrique Schaumann, in the so-called Pinheiros quarter. Once I at this very street, seated in my car, waiting for a traffic light to open. Just beside be, in the next lane, there was a brand new BMW Series 7. In front of it, a some-eight-year-old black street kid, shirtless and barefoot, was holding a sign that read "Feed Me Please". Talk about social chasm).

My apologies, I got carried away.

I understand that quite a crowd shows there for the 500 Milhas ("500 Miles") but I was never able to attend this race! (I have not been able to be in Brazil at the tiem of the year that it takes place).

It would be wonderful if some Ten Tenthers could plan in advance - say, have a two year-plan - and than make the trip as a team... Count on me.

Cheers,

Muzza