View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 2014, 10:02 (Ref:3392289)   #36
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
was very interested to see the speed trap figures for the sessions. obviously some got tows where others didn't, but there was a surprisingly big difference...

for what it's worth, i thought the jaafar/sorensen incident was a racing one - two drivers do something daft at the same time and it ends in tears. it didn't really require a penalty in my eyes, just a very serious chat. the difference is that sorensen is a firm racer but isn't prone to doing dumb things, whereas jaafar has an inherant aggressiveness in his driving and racing that requires everyone else to give him a bit of room. so perhaps from that point of view it made sense to give sorensen a slap, but not jaafar.

it was good to see stevens finally capitalise on good fortune and score a win, especially given how much pace he had last season. but i think we all know what would have happened if sainz' car had worked. still, that's how titles are won and lost - the opportunistic stuff.

in webb's defence, it looked like he was in "bring it home in one bit" mode from saturday qualifying onwards. nato is making absolutely no sense at all to me either. sorensen's figures in the speed trap were very telling.

martsenko went really well at monza last season as well, same with sirotkin. the former is an interesting case because whenever you watch him trackside he looks like he's really fighting the car and wasting a lot of energy, grip and speed. and yet in these cars, at monza, that translates somehow to a very competitive lap time.
Do you have an explanation for the difference of speed between Gasly and Buller in Qualy and race pace.

Gasly seemed to have a very conservative way to use new tyres but very quick in older tyres.