View Single Post
Old 19 Oct 2010, 07:07 (Ref:2776974)   #106
kingers
Racer

kingers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Just because something happens in V8SC isn't an excuse or make it correct (usually quite the opposite exactly)

What happens if you blow an engine in Friday practice or the roof of the workshop falls in on the car? There is only so much you can control and I don't see your suggestion as the 'real' reason or motivation for this rule.

I can understand the need for a commitment to the championship however this doesn't need to exclude every other event in Australian motorsport.

We have all critisized Australian GT for their 'closed shop' rulings in terms of drivers and cars over the past 5 years and rightly so. I am not sure why CC should escape the same questioning, regardless of the money they are paying CAMS.
I dont think many CC teams would run any other events even if they could. They have to get 3 years of racing out of the one car at absolute 10-10ths every time the car hits the track. Wasting it on doing club racing is a bit silly imo, how many cars have 888 built in the past 3 years??

Cup Cars are built for sprint races... Cup S (GT3R if your even better off) is the tool to have for longer distance races, and they are faster aswell.

cheers