View Single Post
Old 7 Jul 2010, 00:08 (Ref:2722840)   #11
fjn356
Rookie

fjn356 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Miller has one medium long straight and the rest of the track is "follow the leader", even if the leader is a crippled GT2. There is almost no way to get by anyone unless it is on the straight.
You need downforce in qualifying to get thru the low speed turns (more than 3/4s of the total lap time) but speed down the straight in the race.
Intersport showed in last year's race that a flat wing will allow them to get past faster lap time cars on the straight and then hold up the faster cars through the turns. At least until the rear tires go off from the lack of downforce.
Cute for a few laps, but hardly a winning strategy. Add in the probability of John pulling another attempt to pass by punting off a potential winner as he did last year at PLM and you get some exciting TV. Kinda like WWF, if you enjoy that kind of thing.
I think it will come down to fuel and pit strategy. It is very difficult to build up a one lap lead at that track by racing and you know there will be yellows, so I think it will be the strategy guys that win or loose this one. I just hope RISI or Flying Lizards can hold of the Vettes and Bimmers.