View Single Post
Old 27 Apr 2012, 08:19 (Ref:3066040)   #1
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
On-board Photography

I was wondering if anyone could give some advice please.

Background is that I now have quite a collection of quality still photographs of my race car from track side. Unless I've just changed the livery, or something special turns up I don't really feel the need for many more. I also have quite a lot of on-board footage from my ChaseCam. The quality is reasonable, but I'm getting a bit bored with the 'sameness' of watching lap after lap behind other cars, besides which it's 4:3 format and could do with an update to HD widescreen.

So, what I was wondering is if there are any cameras/video equipment which could take quality STILL photographs from onboard the car? That way I could mount it pointing in different directions and get some really interesting views of race circuits from a drivers-eye-view. I'm guessing that the main issue is going to be getting something that can deal with the vibration and focus and adapt to lighting changes quick enough. Any thoughts?