Thread: Tech Issue The Sound Of The V6 Turbo PU..
View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2014, 16:32 (Ref:3381102)   #1
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
The Sound Of The V6 Turbo PU..

I thought I would start this thread so that you can give your opinions as to what you think so far.. I am a little undecided, one minute I think they sound great and then I feel somewhat disappointed..I think its natural to feel this way as I for one am used to hearing the "screaming V8"

Like most things in life it takes time to get used to change, and I have to admit its a BIG change... I am hoping that the sound engineers experiment a little with mic placement for TV broadcasts, I believe this will make a difference..

One thought I had was that as soon as the PU's prove to be more reliable the teams engineers may increase the rev limit? The FIA are saying that these engines are 11 decibels quieter than their predecessors...

A quote from Will Buxton..

"Also I love the sound. Get the microphones placed right on track and you will too. Plus for the first time I don’t have to shout in pit lane"

A quote from Martin Brundle..

I like the sound of the new engines there just not enough of it, turbos strangle it. 'Noses' and 'noise' on the to-do list for 2015 please.

So time for your thoughts, as always please keep it polite..