Thread: Tech Issue The Sound Of The V6 Turbo PU..
View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2014, 17:46 (Ref:3381142)   #10
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A mixed bag so far, but overall I like them. It's a different sound, certainly, whereas the V8 was just a poor man's V10 (listen to clips of the V10 on YouTube and then the V8 back-to-back and you'll probably agree).

At one point during the race, I found the whistling annoying or at least debated with myself if it was annoying.

Hearing the tyres squeak when locking up was a welcome addition. Even hearing the track tannoy sounded cool. (I suspect the people at the circuit also found hearing it useful; I imagine it's easier to hear it now).

As a side note, I like how the different engines sound different: the Ferrari sounds very different from the Mercedes for instance.

I just hope that trackside, it still has that power to wow. I'm taking my girlfriend to her first Grand Prix this year and I want it to be shocking in some way.